Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Ethernet Products Group (EPG) within our larger Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Senior Applications Engineer.
Within our EPG, the Ethernet Customer Solutions team (ECS) is looking for a Senior Applications Engineer. This position will be part of a Global Engineering organization, supporting the latest Intel Ethernet technology and applying it to solve tomorrow’s Cloud, Telco, and Enterprise networking problems. In this role you will utilize your software, systems, and technical Applications Engineering skills to provide support to Tier 1 customers in the 10G/25G/40G/100G Ethernet Controller market and support our market leading family of devices. Intel offers a fast paced, exciting work environment, and as such you should enjoy a variety of work tasks and be a quick learner.
Fundamentally, your role is to help secure customer design wins and help these customers bring their products to market rapidly and successfully. You will contribute directly to the success of the products and customers that you support.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing system level support to Tier 1 Server OEM customers for Intel’s Network Interface Controllers and LAN-on-Motherboard applications.
- Interfacing with the customers on a daily basis about 10G/25G/40G/100G NIC software/system issues, managing/tracking software releases for those customers, tracking customer problem reports, reproducing customer problems, trouble-shooting those problems, running joint bug review meetings with the customers, and driving the resolution of customer reported software problems across the business unit.
- Developing end-user documentation.
- Explaining Ethernet controller architecture.
- Debugging complicated software and system related issues.
- Training customers and Field Applications Engineers.
- Interact closely with a variety of internal employees in Marketing, Software Development, Validation, ASIC design, Architecture and Sales.
- Potential travel up to 10 percent of the time to customer sites or other Intel sites.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Outstanding problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and good teamwork
- Must be patient and tolerant with impatient customers
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate a great sense of ownership
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 2 years of related work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 6 plus years of experience with Server and PC architecture, HW, and operating systems.
- 6 plus years of experience with Networking under Windows, Linux, and VMware.
- 6 plus years of experience in the reading and understanding of technical specifications of current technology (TCP/IP, iSCSI, etc.) and request for comments (RFCs).
- 4 plus years of experience with Windows and Linux driver and systems level software / firmware debugging.
- 4 plus years of experience in performing direct OEM/ODM technical support and experience in communicating technical issues/problems to customers.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- PCI Express knowledge (PCIe) and the ability to capture and analyze PCIe traces.
- Understanding of OS concepts such as: Process, DMA engines, interrupts, Interrupt Handling, Memory Virtualization, Threads, IPC, user space and race conditions.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing and higher-level concepts such as: Data Center Bridging (DCB).
- Experience with PXE/UEFI, NC-SI, PLDM, or RDE.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.