Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Staff Verification Engineer!
Come join a creative team of engineers dedicated to designing the hardware technologies that network the leading cloud-service datacenters. We are looking for a motivated and astute individual to join our team as a Verification Engineer. You will be joining a collaborative team responsible for building the world's leading programmable Ethernet switches. Our organization works on all levels of ASIC development, starting from high-level architecture to low-level circuit design and high-volume manufacturing.
Our verification engineers are responsible for building efficient and effective directed and constrained-random validation environments that exercise designs through their corner-cases and demonstrate conformance to specifications. They use their analytic and waveform analysis skills, strong knowledge of digital design, understanding of object-oriented programming, and detailed understanding of IEEE and IETF specifications to verify large networking ASICs comprised of tens of billions of transistors. You will be responsible for development of UVM unit-level benches and tests, developing test plans, coverage plans and coding functional coverage.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and traits in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Detail oriented problem solving and communication skills.
- Work independently and at various levels of abstraction.
- Thoughtful and perceptive analytical skills.
- A genuine curiosity for understanding the system.
- Dedicated and committed to creative problem solving and assuming responsibility.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 2 years of related work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 6 plus years of experience in System Verilog and UVM.
- 6 plus years of experience in developing functional coverage plans and coding coverage.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher.
- 10 plus years of experience in VMM / OVM / UVM.
- 6 plus years of experience in Switch Silicon verification.
- 6 plus years of experience in C or C++ for verification.
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g. Python.
- 3 plus years of experience with DMA and PCIE verification.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.