Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for SoC (System on a Chip) development. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation. Performs Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and subsystems into SoC full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, and simulation for SoCs. Contributes to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits. Performs all aspects of the SoC design flow from highlevel design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing. Analyzes equipment to establish operation infrastructure, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results. May also review vendor capability to support development.
The responsibilities will be tailored to the candidate's skills and expertise and will include several of the following, but not be limited to:
- Logic synthesis and place and route for CORE IP blocks
- Performing floor-planning and routing studies and implementation
- Block/sub-system level timing analysis
- Work on low power techniques and power reduction in sub-system
- Physical verification closure of block/sub-system
- Strong analytical ability, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and at various levels of abstraction
- Strong communication and team work skills.
- Capable of working in a high performing team to deliver the results required from the organization.
- Proven experience in structural design of complex SOC/Core IP block implementation.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must have Bachelor's in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field of study with 5+ years of experience (experience can be offset by master’s or PhD degree) in the following fields:
- Integrated circuit design tools ex Synopsys Cadence including logic synthesis place and route static timing analysis and design closure
- Synthesis of a digital logic block which was integrated into a large SoC or IP
- PV convergence including static timing and power analysis
- Scripting in an interpreted language TCL and 1 or more of the following Perl Python Ruby etc
Intermediate to advanced English level is required.
- Experience in writing and producing software code using languages such as PERL and TCL
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of CAD physical design software
- Intel CPU Microprocessor Design
- Design of a highspeed CPU core logic block
The Devices Development Group (DDG) is a global organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, critical IPs including Atom and chipsets that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.