Data Center Fleet Scale Sr Engineer
DPG / DCPAE / Fleet and Scale Customer Engineering (FSCE) is looking for someone who is passionate about software tools and capabilities to join FSCE for challenging development opportunities and be part of an exciting family to help develop and deliver cutting-edge, at-scale offerings for our Data Center customers.
You will be part of a team chartered to build Customer Fleet and Scale Capabilities for server customers to enable on-time high-quality launches of Intel server programs, as well as in-Fleet product experience.
You will have opportunities to innovate across platform-level system test to enable customer's fleet strategies and solution, from proof-of-concept to large-scale adoption.
There will be plenty of room to grow technically within this organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnosing exceptionally challenging problems at data center scale and collaborating both up and downstream within Intel as well as externally with our customers is key.
- Plan, develop and execute SW validation tasks, per POR roadmap.
- Enable continuous improvement by driving key customer learnings back into our development and validation processes for future programs.
- Be curious and convert that into innovation and inventions for Intel and our customers via intellectual property generation, and tangible customer valued innovations.
The development work will include:
- Extending and creating a set of customer-consumable Software used for high speed I/O electrical margining.
- Planning, developing and executing validation tasks, such as defining test plans, review requirements coverage, drive test execution, drive debug and taskforces of issues resolution.
- Lead and Develop test content to cover product requirements accordingly.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Customer sites and other Intel sites, including internationally is required (10 percent).
- Good working proficiency with the English language is required, both verbal and written.
- You must be a quick learner, results oriented, and comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with more than 6 years experience.
- Python programming experience.
- Software Validation experience.
- Knowledge in good software practices, such as requirements writing and execution, agile, and unit and regression testing.
- Experience with end-to-end software development practices such as Quality Assurance, secure development lifecycle practices (SDL).
- Advanced English Level
Inside this Business Group
- Web service programming experience.
- Experience in creating sets of RESTful APIs to expose web services features to client software.
- Experience with creation and use of JSON and XML formatted data for use in web services.
The Data Platforms Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Group invents, designs & builds the world's most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel's most important business and solve the world's most fundamental problems. DPEA enables that data center which is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.