Our Server Validation Team is looking for talented, technical, curious teammates to help us deliver the highest quality server products to the world. We are comprised of engineers from a variety of life experiences and perspectives who share the common goal of ensuring no bugs escape to our customers. We value our people first and foremost, so we require a "we over me" mentality and a spirit of collaboration and encouragement. We have a robust server roadmap to deliver and therefore we need your problem-solving skills, your passion and your expertise. In exchange we offer you the opportunity to work closely with the brightest minds in the industry, the ability to influence the technology data revolution that the world is experiencing, and the ability to enjoy all the technical growth opportunities that are available to you at company as expansive and diversified as Intel. We are targeting positions in Silicon Valley/CA, Austin/TX, Hillsboro/OR, and San Diego/CA, but would consider remote locations as well.
Our Power and Performance Validation teams are responsible for validating the power subsystems, the power delievery networks, and optimizing the battery life and performance of our CPUs. As a member of our Power and Performance Validation Team you will:
- Create, define and develop power validation methods, environments and test content
- Use and apply platform level tools and techniques to ensure performance to specifications, and optimize and characterize the power delivery networks.
- Perform Si and platform debug to root-cause issues and enable robust design fixes
- Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with architecture design and pre-silicon validation teams in improving post-silicon test content and providing feedback for future on die debug features.
- Be able to demonstrate success in communicating plans status issues and concerns.
- Test planning execution monitoring and reporting test results.
- Collaboration with cross functional HW and SW teams to solve complex issues and improve efficiency.
- Frontline and drive schedules and issues to closure in high complex scenarios.
- Help define solutions for customer issues.
- Be able to make judgment calls regarding customer deliverables and program level risk assessment from a power and performance standpoint.
-The candidate must possess either a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 6+ years of experience; or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 3+ years of experience; or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 1+ year of experience
- Problem-solving, debug and logic proficiency
- A developed understanding of Computer Architecture and CPU micro-architecture
- A developed understanding of analog electronics
- Experience with Python or C language programming
- Demonstrated collaboration and teaming skills
- Demonstrated networking, communication and influence skills
- CPU microarchitectural and/or high-speed bus protocol experience.
- Experience in design verification or validation disciplines, system platform-level debug and root cause isolation methodology and tools.
- Experience in System/platform-level debug and root cause isolation, methodology and tools (including Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers, Oscilloscopes and Multimeters.)
- Experience with leading automation efforts planning execution and overseeing system validation activities.
- Deep technical knowledge in performance and power management including understanding of architecture and microcode sufficient to understand potential power and performance impacts of changes.
- Familiarity with industry benchmarks which aspects of performance they measure and competitive analysis from previous gen products.
- Experience with performance counters
The Design Engineering Group is a worldwide team responsible for the design, development, validation, and manufacturing of IPs and SOCs. Our mission is to deliver leadership products through groundbreaking innovations.
US, California, San Diego;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado: