We're looking for senior software engineers with skills in Linux driver/middleware level software development and debugging. The position requires the good software architecture design and development expertise with solid C/C++ coding skills. You should possess at least a Master of Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent). You should also possess > 5 years of industry experience in media processing, communications, and/or Intel Architecture products.
You will work within an engineering team design and develop media, graphics, AI, machine learning, parallel computing software for Intel based platforms.
Your work includes but not limited to:
• Develop software based on IA platform to support fancy use cases like AI, machine learning, immersive media, media analytic, cloud graphics, remote desktop, etc.
• Linux media/graphics/parallel computing driver & middleware development, platform enablement and integration.
• Software performance benchmarking, tuning and optimization.
• System level triage/debug for Intel IA based media & graphics software stack.
• Video processing algorithm design and video quality tuning.
• Understand customer technical needs, resolve customer technical questions, and develop a deep understanding of customer usage models and applications.
• Communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong project execution to align the priorities, focus on the flawless execution to deliver according to the commitment.
• Good knowledge in at least one of these area: video & graphics driver, video codecs and processing, 3D, image processing, parallel computing, etc.
• Good communications skills and technical writing skills.
• Excellent SW development, debugging and testing skills in C/C++.
• Familiar with Linux system; 3+ years’ experience of Linux development.
• Overall understanding of Intel Architecture based embedded and communications systems, knowledge of Intel Architecture based platforms.
• Be a team player with good interpersonal skills; able to work independently, multitask effectively.
• Specific development experience following formal SW development life cycles.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.