Storage Solutions Engineering Manager
At NSG, we believe, an employee is the most important. There are many jobs related to management but just a few of them are worthwhile to consider therefore we are offering you not only a job but a passionate career growth.
We do not want you if you think you've learned everything. We want you if you are open-minded ready for continuous improvement culture and keen on increasing your own self-awareness. We want you to try something new and fuel your innovation to realize your career goals leading a team of engineers involved in the development of SW storage solutions equipped with best in class Solid State Drives including Intel Optane technology.
As a manager, your role is not only to control but to guide and lead people you work with by creating relations, connecting through the network, and giving the purpose of the work. Therefore your communication skills are essentials to be successful.
- Lead, and mentor an engineering team consisting of development and validation engineers working on storage solutions
- Supervise direct reporting staff according to overall company policy
- Apply strategic planning to determine company, department or unit objectives Control budget for the team, being responsible for hiring and career growth of direct reports
- Provide thought leadership and establish a technical strategy and roadmap for the team and its products
- Set clear, measurable goals in cooperation with partners in the United States and customers all over the world
- Monitor staff performance including performance reviews and assist staff with work progress
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering and process improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Evaluate current business processes and systems and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-geo teams to define product roadmaps and scope of products throughout the product lifecycle
- Contribute to a culture of modern management methodologies
Inside this Business Group
- Master of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge
- 5+ years of management experience with a strong focus on people management
- Understanding of storage cloud systems and experience with storage environments like Ceph or Hadoop
- Strong leadership and mentoring experience managing at least 5 people local/remote onshore/offshore engineering team
- Great motivation skills and ability to influence both technical experts and junior engineers
- Ability to work under time pressure with growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum processes through the entire SDLC: software design, coding, unit test, integration test, build and release
- Strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards, flexible and responsive work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including English)
- Eager and adaptable to change. Works with little guidance and direction.
- Preferable technical credibility to lead the engineering team to make the right design decisions and technology choices
- Understanding of Open Source SW
- Understanding of containers concept
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.