UK OL - updates TEST
As an embedded software engineer, you will design, integrate and validate embedded real-time software for disruptive technologies targeted for radio access technologies for 4G LTE/5G NR cellular systems. You will be responsible for design and integration of embedded software on Intel's hard processor systems targeted for FPGA SoCs. These technologies include, front-haul gateways, precise timing protocol (IEEE 1588), ORAN control and management planes and radio remote head (RRH).
Intel values and welcomes candidates with strong inter-personal skills who can work in a collaborative environment that is spread across multiple geographical locations. As an embedded software engineer within wireless system solution engineering (wireless SSE) group, you need to possess strong problem-solving skills to brainstorm ideas and drive a concept into a high-volume consumer product.
- Hands-on experience working with ARM SoC, soft-fabric Soc on FPGA or microcontrollers.
- Working knowledge of real-time, embedded Linux kernel and device drivers.
- Strong coding skills in C, C++, Python, and shell scripting.
- Experience using JTAG emulators for debugging, IDEs and cross-compilation methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of Linux Kernel architecture such as heap memory management, interrupt management, task and queue management, timers, file systems as well as fundamental concepts in pre-emption, multi-task scheduling, etc.
- Experience with diagnosis of system issues such as hardware, kernel and application software level.
- Experience with software profiling and optimization techniques.
- Experience with QSFP, PCIe, GPIO, UART, USB, I2C, SPI, serial peripheral interface (QSPI) and drivers for high-speed DMA and memory-mapped system.
- Prior experience in Linux kernel configuration and build.
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, VxLAN, Connection tracking, QoS.
- Familiarity with test equipment (logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills combined with strong work ethics.
- Familiarity with version control software, such as JIRA and GIT.
- Experience with FPGA design flow and implementation of board design.
- Hands-on experience in developing SoC using hard processor system (HPS) in FPGA
- Expertise in one or more of VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog and System
Inside this Business Group
- Design and development of real-time embedded software such as developing device drivers, creating API and Hardware Abstraction Layer software for FPGA system-on-chip applications.
- Developing test automation scripts for automation of lab test equipment.
- Design and development of embedded real-time software for customized hardware platforms that integrates radio functionality ( ORAN Interface, interface to the digital front end, RF control functions.
- Maintain the driver, libraries and build instruction of Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) and 5G SDK libraries for Intel's FlexRan software on Intel's servers.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.