FPGA Application Engineer
The Application Engineer is primarily a Software Engineer/Developer. Significant contribution also results when the AE acts as a product evangelist, program/project manager and a marketer. PSG CEG is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Software Applications Engineer to work with customers, distribution field personnel and specialist colleagues in multiple geographies, to enable design wins and bring issues to closure as efficiently as possible.
As Application Engineer, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Work closely with field engineering and customer design teams, including on-site technical support, to assist in design and verification of high-performance FPGAs using design software (e.g. Quartus II, ModelSim)
- Assist in design, optimization and verification of high-performance FPGAs using Intel and third-party design software features (e.g. Intel Quartus Prime, Synthesis, Simulation, Compilation, Timing Analysis, System Debug Tools, internal/external Intellectual Properties, etc.) If required, work closely with other stakeholders, and orchestrate available resources to fully resolve customer issues and queries
- Perform design evaluations and recommend strategies to optimize designs for important design opportunities
- Create example designs and reference designs to demonstrate the usage of INTEL FPGA products
- Develop technical collateral and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Evaluate new software and provide feedback to developers to improve the quality of FPGA tools and methodologies
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Great interest in helping our customers with their technical support needs.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills and an ability to drive issues to closure
- Strong interpersonal, leadership written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Create application notes, demos, example designs and/or reference designs to demonstrate the usage of Intel FPGA feature
- Anticipate future customer requirements to contribute to product planning, product enhancement to improve customer user experience
- Participate in technical collateral review and/or development
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's/Lic. or Masters or PhD degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- 3+ Year of experience with FPGA based
- FPGA or ASIC design including Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog coding, Standard EDA flows and Synthesis tools
- Product readiness checkout and usability
- Root cause and close loop corrective actions
- Linux driver development and OS
- Drive Issue Resolutions
- Replicate System Issues
- Advanced English level
Inside this Business Group
- FPGA Component Design (Configuration, Timing)
- SmartNIC (CVL, OvS)
- IP Simulation
- Technical collateral development
- Platform Qualification experience
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.