FPGA Application Engineer
Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG, formerly Altera) is seeking committed, customer focused and motivated candidates to join its Customer Experience Group as an Application Engineer specializing in FPGA Design and Debug, FPGA Design Flows and FPGA Timing Analysis.
Every day we are committed to creating a delightful customer experience with Intel FPGA Software Tools. We collaborate with a wide range of teams to create this experience by ensuring high quality technical support, by converting customer feedback into product requirements and by developing technical collateral for our products.
This job is for you if you have/are:
- Excellent at problem-solving
- Patient in helping others
- Strong with your time management abilities
- Do not mind digging for answers until you have found a satisfactory one
- Take pride in delivering highest quality work
- Like to pay attention to details
- Like learning new things
- Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments
- Clear verbal and written communications skills in English are required
- Proven track record of working directly with customers, and driving results
- Willing to travel per business needs
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills, and ability to drive issues to closure are essential
Key responsibilities but not limited to
- Deliver technical support to resolve FPGA design and application issues. This may include Intel FPGA Software tool issues related to design flows, compilation, simulation, silicon performance, internal/external intellectual properties
- Develop strategies to solve high complexity problems
- Anticipate and develop technical collateral, reference designs, demos, trainings, videos to demonstrate the usage of INTEL FPGA products
- Anticipate and review product and customer requirements for Intel FPGA Software Tools
- Evaluate Intel FPGA Software tools and work with stakeholders to close
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related and 3 years of applications engineering or system design experience OR Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related with 1 year of experience
- Experience with FPGA/ASIC design using Verilog or VHDL
- Experience with C/C++ programming language
- Advanced English Level
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor or master or PhD's degree in electrical/Electronic/Software/Computer Engineering or equivalent with a minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in design flows such as partial reconfiguration, simulation (ModelSim/VCS/Incisive/Questa), timing closure and design optimization
- Familiar with standard EDA flows, design synthesis, timing closure and verification tool flows
- Good understanding of timing concepts, timing constraints and experience with RTL code optimizations for timing closure will be an advantage.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.