If you are the kind of people that needs to fix the remote control when is not working, or understand how the magic trick works, you just need to understand what is wrong and how to fix it!... Keep reading...
This role is for a silicon debugger to monitor and debug failures found during Artificial Inteligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) based validation automation, and to assist in the development of new debug insights. This work would be to fuel an overall goal of using new AI/ML techniques to accelerate silicon debug, triage, and bug detection.
In this role responsibilities may include, although not limited to:
- Debugging complex silicon problems with a focus on looking at failure data
- Examining project failure data to identify unusual or missed issues
- File and update data base sightings
- Use debug tools/trace tools to understand silicon behavior and help classify as silicon failure or tool enhancement
- Work with data science experts to develop heuristics/analytics to assist post-silicon debug
- Requires understanding of silicon debug techniques and basic system architecture
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Deep CPU or Platform Control Hub (PCH) architecture knowledge
- Experience in debugging silicon issues using standard JTAG/HW assisted debug tools
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 3+ years of experience or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 2+ years of experience in Post-silicon debug, post-silicon validation, and/or post-silicon debug architecture.
- Intermediate to advanced English Level
Inside this Business Group
Client or Server system architecture and/or CPU/PCH microarchitecture
Debugging using post-silicon scan and array freeze and dump
RTL design and methodology,
Pre-silicon validation, and
Programming languages (C++, Python)
The everyday contributions of the Intel Validation Engineering (iVE) team are essential to retaining/regaining Intel's product leadership. We validate, debug, and tune the newest designs and world-changing technologies that enrich the lives of every person on earth. We play a critical role in completing the PRQs of Intel products and in Intel's ability to deliver the annual technology platforms in our roadmap.