Product Security Engineer
Intel is seeking a Product Security Engineer to work in the Software Engineering team. This position will be part of a Global Engineering organization supporting next generation engineering innovations delivering predictable, scalable and high-quality E2E platform stacks for critical data center workloads comprising Xeon platforms and other adjacencies on the Intel Data Center roadmap.
In this position you will:
- Drive the technical security reviews by ratifying architecture, design and implementation across the Data Platforms Group (DPG) Software Division.
- Have a front row view of the latest technologies and platforms spanning Cloud, 5G, Edge, AI, Connectivity, Graphics etc. in DPG and the opportunity to deliver world class products with robust security.
- Get access to Intel's security community and security experts in different fields.
- Get the opportunity to work on exploits on leading edge technologies as well as participating in different conferences and publications related to security.
Daily tasks include but not limited to:
- Empowered to change a project team's Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) Plan and/or assign additional security requirements on the technical aspects of architecting/designing, developing and validating secure products
- Supports the team, as needed in threat modelling and preparation for review at the Security Architects Forum (SAFE).
- Answer general questions regarding secure development and connect with other security experts for guidance in areas which are outside their expertise.
- Contribute to the creation & maintenance of secure development BKMs and training collateral.
- Support reviews/dispositions/escalations regarding post-release security issues discovered.
- Support product hardening efforts (e.g., Hackathon, Fuzzing, Pen Testing, etc.) throughout the whole product development process.
- Critically evaluate products, identify security concerns and define mitigations.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details.
- Evaluate products, identify security concerns and recommend appropriate mitigations across the full product lifecycle and across various product segments.
- Decompose high-level descriptions into technical details and clear requirements for engineering and validation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and good problem-solving skills.
- Team player, collaborative, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Systems, hardware, firmware or software security.
- Industry experience in product security and have a deep technical background in security architecture, design, development and validation roles across the industry.
- Security architecture, security design, secure development or penetration testing roles in relevant technology domains.
- Experience with industry security development lifecycle processes, security assurance tasks and in-depth technical security reviews, for enabling continuous delivery using agile development methodologies.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Inside this Business Group
- Expertise or experience in one or more of the following areas: Threat modeling; Exploitation and mitigation technique developments; Security testing techniques.
US, California, Santa Clara; US, Arizona, Phoenix; Virtual US and Canada;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs wich could be performed in US, Colorado:Benefits:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here