· Graphics & Throughput Computing Hardware Engineering (GTCHE) is responsible for delivering industry-leading GPU (3D, media, compute, and display) hardware intellectual property (IP) blocks and system-on-a-chip (SoC) products for discrete graphics and throughput computing. We strive to lead the industry through continuous innovation and world-class engineering. We work closely with partners across Intel and do not let any organizational boundary get in the way of solving problems. We are looking for an Pre-Silicon Power Management and Firmware Validation Engineer with strong verbal and written communication to join our team.
In this position, you will be working as part of a Pre-silicon Power Management and Firmware Verification Team for current and next generation Graphics Products.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Creating test environments, checker strategies, and test generators for validating embedded power management firmware in the SOC
· Learning the FW architecture and related SOC architecture by debugging test failures to the root cause
· Developing and utilizing various software tools and/or methodologies with the goal to ensure highly functional firmware
· Communicating effectively, coordinating and working with firmware developers and SOC integration teams
· Potentially participating in the debug of failures in silicon and developing new testing strategies to detect these failures on pre-silicon models
· Mentoring junior members of the team in their development
Bachelor's in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field plus 7+ years of relevant experience or a Master's degree with 5+ years of experience.
You should have 7+ years of experience in the following areas:
· Power Management IP, PM Firmware, or PM SoC development, verification, or integration using Verilog/SystemVerilog/OVM/UVM
· Firmware/Embedded Firmware development or verification
· Reading and interpreting technical specs and Register Transfer Level (RTL) code
· SW development skills (Unit Testing, Test Driven Development)
· Hands-on Debug
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Good understanding of Computer Architecture
· 2+ years' experience with writing validation plans and/or software to implement those validation plans
· C++ and/or Ruby programmingInside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.