Data Center Hardware Platform Application Engineer
- Assists in providing technical support for Xeon-based product(s) and/or product family.
- Responsibilities may include:
1) participating in new product development, representing the customers technical needs, creating competitive analysis from a technical perspective, event hosting, debugging, developing and presenting technical product training materials.
2) Works with the field/sales team to help resolve customers technical questions, participates in customers visits, and presentations.
3) Owns creation and maintenance of collaterals. Individuals act as technical experts, consultants, analysts, and customer voice advocator.
4) Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
5) Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
6) Co-work with cross-geos counterpart and local cross-function teams on issue resolution.
Inside this Business Group
- You must possess a Bachelor degree and/or a Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with with a minimum of six years of Hardware development, validation or technical support working experience in server/workstation products design and strong customer communication skills.
- Additional qualifications include:
1) Demonstrated experience in Intel Architecture (Xeon based) server board and system design, including developing the PCB assemblies of server system from concept to production.
2) Multiple related electrical development experiences are required including: Cadence Concept Schematic Capture, reviewing PCB layout using Allegro tools, PCB interconnect schemes, Hot-swap and power components, understanding of mechanical chassis design, and multi board inter-operability schemes.
3) Demonstrated ability to lead cross-organizational technology and product development projects (requirements management, project planning, statement of work creation, execution management, risk management, budget management, etc.).
4) Demonstrated experience developing and leading development of board and system products, including direct experience with mechanical, thermal, electrical, BIOS/firmware, and power design.
5) Proven ability to lead cross-organizational teams where participants are not direct reports, motivate technical contributors, and spur innovation.
6) Effective negotiation skills with proven abilities to achieve mutually successful business outcomes with internal organizations and external customers.
7) Demonstrated tolerance of ambiguity with and flexibility in managing customer changes
8) Strong English/Mandarin verbal and English written skills with a demonstrated ability to work across geographies, time zones, companies, and organizations.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.