Facilities Mechanical Engineer
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive.
CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation. The heart of Intel innovation lies in its semiconductor facilities and this is your opportunity play a central role in maintaining our state-of-the-art environmental controls, including oil-free air systems, HVAC systems, chilled water plant, boilers and environmental compliance exhaust systems.
Our Mechanical Engineers make a big impact by:
- Supporting our daily tactical efforts in safety, reliability and environmental objectives.
- Leading in planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance and modifications - everything that goes into supporting Intel's most valuable manufacturing facilities.
Intel offers you an opportunity to apply:
- Engineering knowledge
- Understanding of operating systems
- Your problem-solving skills to validate system performance
- Collaborate with the site facility management team, suppliers and key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills in a business setting.
- Willingness to function effectively in a team environment and influence both technical and management personnel to resolve issues in a cost efficient way.
- Willingness to work and adapt in a rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- strong personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today!
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent Engineering degree.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
3 years of experience for Bachelor's or 2 years of experience for a Master's degree in:
- Large-scale manufacturing/ mechanical engineering facility services support.
- Identifying, analyzing and solving immediate issues with technical equipment.
- Mechanical systems (HVAC, fans, boilers, Chillers, pumps, piping, valves, and other) and control (instrumentation, PCS and other) systems.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with Statistical Process control.
- Experience working in a production environment and/or with other facilities process systems.
- Experience commissioning Mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers,
- Experience with project planning, coordination and integration
- Willingness to professionally present to peers and leadership at site at cross-site meetings and actively participate in cross-site tasks as directed
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....