Construction Project Manager
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive.
CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
A CS Project Manager is responsible for delivering construction projects using multiple project delivery and execution strategies, planning/managing small construction projects directly related to factory conversions and facility upgrades, business operations, facilities, tenant improvements and corporate strategic objectives. This role will be supporting the Chandler site factories (SPTD and ATTD) as well as various labs across the campus.
- Monitor the execution of the project scope from conceptual development, scoping, planning, engineering, construction, start-up, commissioning and project turn-over.
- Management, negotiation and oversight of construction contracts.
- Build teams with contractors, suppliers, system owners and stakeholders to define project execution plans.
- Identify project objectives and milestones; monitor the development and implementation of the necessary processes and procedures, action plans, schedules and budgets by the General Contractor, Architect / Engineer and the Client's sub-tier vendors and consultants.
- Review design and construction bid packages.
- Provide input on facility design and constructability.
- Review all proposals, provide analyses of technical validity, and negotiate prime services contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Review the project schedule against the critical path and perform variance analyses to ensure impacts are minimized and the schedule is maintained.
- Track projects costs & expenditures against the project budget and forecast costs to completion.
- Support the change management process in providing clarification and guidance on questions regarding scope, justification and technical detail.
- Review and assist with the approval of billing from the General Contractor, Architect / Engineer, and the Client's sub-tier vendors and consultants.
- Establish standards for quality and production and ensure compliance with the project-specific drawings and specifications, safety codes and other pertinent regulations.
- Identify and assist in the mitigation of project risks and monitor the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Establish, coordinate and attend / conduct all necessary project meetings.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports covering scope, budget and overall project status.
- Ensure all required project documentation is completed in a timely manner and is maintained in the appropriate master project files inclusive of all reports, logs, submittals, RFIs, specifications & drawings, correspondence and other relevant documentation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad and diverse customer base.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following behavioral traits:
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Customer Orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to develop creative approaches/solutions.
- Team player and leader.
- Willingness to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience, or a Master's degree with 3+ years of experience in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 4 years in a project management role in the commercial/industrial construction industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Project Life Cycle.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
- Primavera Scheduling; or other scheduling tools.
- Change management experience.
- Experienced in leading diverse, cross-functional, or cross-site teams.
- Project Management certification (PMP) preferred.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....