Technology Media Relations Manager
As a technical communications manager you will support Intel's technical media engagement and storytelling in Taiwan. Work directly with technical media, ecosystem partners, customer and internal stakeholders to tell Intel's technology leadership story. This role will report to the APJ communications manager and engage with a diverse matrix of colleagues and experts across Intel's product teams and business units as well as Global Marketing, Communications and Sales organizations
The Intel Global Communications Group is a global team of communications professionals spanning public relations, reputation management, corporate communications, executive communications, analyst relations, content, narrative, thought leadership and employee communications. It's a fast paced, dynamic, and exciting environment. We are looking for smart, thoughtful, collaborative and organized team members who have big, bold goals, a great attitude, and thrive at the center of always-on communications.
- Proactively define, develop and drive media relations efforts targeted at technical media in Taiwan.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with influential technology reporters, product reviewers, bloggers and new influencers who cover and closely follow the personal computing, enterprise and semiconductor markets.
- Create storylines that bring the application of Intel technologies and products to life, positioning Intel as an innovator that is changing the world for the better.
- Develop and drive quick engagement ideas to insert Intel into timely and relevant news cycles and/or course correct emerging news cycles.
- Liaise with Intel business groups and peer PR professionals to understand and translate business goals into strategic programs that can be executed both directly and via 3rd parties e.g., agencies, partners, customers, etc.
- Effectively utilize Intel's PR agencies to maximize results.
- Effectively collaborate and liaise with Intel engineering and sales teams, as well as product groups, to understand and translate technical product information into benefits and experiences for reviewers.
- Adjust communication content and strategy to effectively engage a broad range of technical reviewers and influencers.
- Work closely and coordinate with external OEM partners and customers on launch strategy and reviewer's program for maximum results and efficiency.
- Maintain a strong network of media relationships and foster new relationships with key media organizations and influencers including technical and industry trade press, online outlets and bloggers to increase positive media coverage for Intel's products.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications, computer science, electrical engineering or related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience (or equivalent) in product and/or technology PR or journalism; direct experience in the PC industry preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and ensure relevancy by "connecting-the-dots" and effectively map Intel's business objectives to conversations in the marketplace.
- Strong technical and Intel product acumen.
- Previous experience and the ability to be a confident and capable story teller.
- Customer and team oriented. Ability to build strong relationships and can successfully partner with peers across Intel and partner companies.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and can craft and deliver key messages to a variety of audiences. Is adept at translating technical topics into easy-to-understand and relevant language.
- Able to identify and leverage opportunities - both long term and quick twitch - to advance the company's communications objectives in creative, memorable ways that utilizes a variety of media vehicles social media, traditional media, broadcast, etc.
- Results driven. Thrives on hard work and consistent challenge. Proven ability to be hands-on and strategic able to execute plans as well as help develop strategy and work across multiple product lines.
Global Marketing & Communications is responsible for Intel's brand management, end-user product marketing and go-to-market activation strategy for direct and indirect marketing programs worldwide