Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Project Program Manager!
We're part of the Network Computing Division (NCD) in Intel's DCG, and we're looking for a motivated, passionate and talented Project Program Manager to join our Smart-Edge Engineering team. We are a strong, vibrant cross-site team which helps drive Intel's Smart Edge field engineering initiatives and unleash Intel’s stored value. As a member of this team you will work face to face with a variety of customers while leveraging a broad range of technologies as a thought leader. In this position you will be expected to quickly deliver creative solutions to hard problems by any means, utilizing technical and non-technical / interpersonal awareness.
In this role, you will plan/manage both programs and projects that are directly tied to the development, implementation or upgrade of technology or products for external customers. You will also identify tasks, determine dependencies, identify and assign specific resources, communicate expectations to team members, obtain task effort and duration estimates from team members, and create/track the project schedule. In addition, you will provide leadership for the project team and key interfaces to the project or program.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work on problems/tasks in delivery of a specific product or service.
- Assess risk and identify issues.
- Monitor progress against schedule.
- Coordinate resources with other functions.
- Review user and technical requirements for completeness and clarity.
- Provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Thorough knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non repetitive, analytical work.
- Skilled in motivating and communicating with co-workers, employees, and customers.
- Innovates and drives initiatives with the ability to challenge current practices and develop creative approaches / solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent change management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) including Agile methodologies.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 9 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree or equivalent plus 6 years of industry work experience, or PhD or equivalent plus 4 years of industry work experience.
- 9 plus years of experience and deep understanding of commercial software solutions including enterprise applications, cloud, edge computing.
- 9 plus years of experience and technical understanding of networking concepts, OSI model, LTE architecture.
- 9 plus years of expertise in developing business cases, effectively obtaining approvals from management for people, financial and technical resources, creating a comprehensive project plan, and managing all key milestones.
- 9 years of experience with the understanding and execution of software development lifecycles.
- 9 plus years of experience in leading diverse, cross functional, or cross-site teams.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or equivalent.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree.
- Experience with the working relationships between mobile network operators, systems integrators, sales channels, and solution delivery.
- Expert Technical Certification such as Microsoft certified professional program.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Irvine
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....