Policy Communication Manager
This position, based in Washington, DC, will report to the head of U.S. Government Relations and closely coordinate with our Corporate Communications, Legal and Marketing teams. We are looking for an independent thinker, who can promote Intel's legislative and regulatory positions across federal and state policy audiences through all forms of communications tools.
- Deliver consistent, effective, creative and impactful external policy communications content/programs
- Create campaign style communications plans to engage policy makers
- Manage and coordinate event logistics and provide on-site support
- Manage external speaking engagements and opportunities for Intel executives in policy forums as part of cohesive thought-leadership plans
- Create policy content/programs that ultimately drive business results
- Build and maintain relationships with policy media
- Manage and energize Intel's policy social media
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Policy or related field
- 7+ years of experience in communications
- Proven content creation (writing / editing) and placement
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience in a policy shop and Congressional office
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated media relationships in the DC space
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively about work and transform communications into engaging experiences using social tools, video and other media
- Knowledge in employee and executive communications management, change management
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal colleagues and external partners
- Track record of managing multiple projects at once in a high pressure environment
- Fluent user of social media and experience working with enterprise social networking tools
- Enthusiastic, fun, flexible and demonstrates a willingness to learn
Law and Policy Group offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....