Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates complex analog and mixed signal electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for analog and mixed signal electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Determines creative design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data. Conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Applies and uses independent evaluation to selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. Evaluates practical capability of vendor to support product development. Also includes Analog, MixedSignal and RF Development Engineers with specialized skills and expertise in developing Monolithic Integrated Circuits for wireless and wireline communications systems and products using CMOS, BiCMOS, SiGe, GaAs Process technologies.
Work with a team of analog and digital designers on the design, simulation, layout, and testing of both analog and mixed-signal circuits.
- Drive innovation and initiatives to enhance existing automation, tools, and methodology
- Support teams of engineers with issues in quality and reliability of mixed-signal circuit.
- Create necessary design and product documentation. ? Perform in a dynamic and challenging environment with drive and creativity
- M.A.Sc or Ph.D. in electrical engineering.
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of analog and mixed signal circuit design, including methodology, layout, analog designer tools, processes, and simulations.
- Familiarity with industry standard design conventions and rules in analog circuit design; awareness of techniques to reduce design risk.
- Experience debugging, probing, and characterizing silicon using standard lab equipment.
- Solid written and verbal communication for expressing technical ideas and initiatives.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- In depth understanding of silicon manufacturing technology.
- Experience with tools for schematic entry, IC layout and SPICE simulation.
- Knowledge of Verilog-A for analog behavioral modeling is desirable.
- Experience with TCL, Perl, C, python, or other scripting languages is desired.
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.