Vietnam Trade Compliance Manager
Global Trade's vision is to keep Intel legal while enabling the business and encouraging Intel's continued growth into new and emerging markets. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with trade experts in more than 20 countries with in-depth knowledge across all areas of trade compliance. The candidate will be able to influence Intel's future policies on managing compliance at a country, regional & global level. Candidates will also be able to develop global content knowledge by leveraging content experts on country specific requirements and its practical applications. We are looking for a full-time candidate to manage trade compliance in our manufacturing and warehousing operations in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam as part of the APJ Global Site Compliance team.
- Site compliance : ensure compliance to local Customs regulations, local Export regulations and EPE(Export Processing Enterprise) regulations whilst maximizing benefits and minimizing liabilities.
-Regulation's communication: Analyze new regulation impacts to operation to identify appropriate internal process change Communicate import/export regulatory changes and advise on the impact to the business.
- Industry and global trade 's partnership: Be the representatives for Intel in customs/trade and association meetings. Build internal connection with Global trade 's peers and develop external network with industry peers to identify key trade risk areas and benchmark internal and external good practice for continuous improvements.
-Goal setting: Understands internal and external environment, business strategies and sets trade compliance goals accordingly. Purposefully links multiple teams' goals together to deliver business results
-Operational execution: Understand manufacturing import/export operations and processes including related systems. Be a "go-to" person to consult stake holders on trade compliance matters. Propose and review key process improvements, evaluate process changes required to ensure regulatory compliance. Interface with Customs to resolve issues escalated by Logistics team. Respond to ad-hoc requests from for HS classifications. Respond to business requests or support events/projects as they occur.
- Risk management: Identify and address compliance gaps with business partners including training, as required. Defines opportunities and delivers implementation of strategic programs that support regulatory and business changes. Drive site Risk Management Program and Trade Compliance Program. Self audit on import/export declaration operation to ensure customs compliance.
Inside this Business Group
- University degree in business/international trade/law/finance/logistics
- 5 years relevant experience in the same or similar role
- Knowledge of import and export procedures and customs regulations
- Knowledge of customs procedures, customs valuation, HS classification and FTAs
- Knowledge of AEO program and EPE benefits and regulations would be an advantage
- Results orientation, good attention to detail, good problem solving skills.
- Communication excellence, resilience, relationship-building and business partnership skills.
- Good influencing skills and experience dealing with government authorities
Law and Policy Group offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance.