As a senior DevOps engineer part of Intel IOTG team, you will participate in many innovative projects, and apply your expertise in a fast paced technically driven environment. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, and team-work and customer success culture. The ideal candidate will have a strong self-directed work ethic and a can do attitude. You will have an opportunity to gain experience on the world best technologies as part of this team.
The Dev Ops engineer will administrate, develop, update and execute Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Continuous Integration (CI) tools, configurations, infrastructure and processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Configure, install, execute and maintain DevOps tools and infrastructure
- SDLC automation and virtual servers
- Design and execute configuration and change management procedures
- Automation servers and frameworks.
- Configures tools, applications or scripts that deploy and administer Containers in a distributed operating environment Implements processes, tools
- Virtualization systems, Windows and UNIX, VMWare, automated environment provisioning.
- Source version control tools, SCM tools, Build Tools e.g. Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Subversion, Git, etc.
- Participate in regular client/team status meetings and provide input on development or administration activities.
- Work with the development team to coordinate applicable system changes.
- Consult with stakeholders to develop and implement effective solutions
- Work with team members present across the multiple geography
Inside this Business Group
The candidate must have:
8+ years of work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role in an Agile Development environment, preferably Scrum.
Strong programming and Scripting, Java, XML, Python/shell scripts
Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Ability to produce high quality technical documents.
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Ability to document system processes and procedures in a clear manner.
Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Distributed operating system configurations for application Container deployment in dedicated, multi-tenant and hybrid environments
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.