In this position, candidate will be responsible for providing level-2 support for 24x7 databases in manufacturing environment. Candidate will be required to work in a CWW (Compressed shift) position in the Kulim site (9am-9pm). Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage Oracle/MSSQL infrastructure to meet performance, security, high availability and other requirements.
- Perform operational DBA duties in a large-scale, complex environment. These will include patching, environments cloning, database upgrades and application upgrades, implementing backup and monitoring procedures.
- Provide monitoring to engineering analysis databases, middleware application associated tools and utilities.
- Review and enhance documentation
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field with 5 years of experience designing and managing Oracle or MSSQL databases.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.