Join Intel's Silicon Photonics Product Division team as a Laser Integration Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for the on-chip integration of Hybrid lasers with other silicon photonic components; including:
- Test structure and layout design, test planning and data analysis.
- Defining Engineering Validation Tests to assess laser performance across all operating conditions
- Defining specifications to optimize module performance
This is a highly collaborative role working across an interdisciplinary team of Design, Integration and Test engineers; and the successful candidate should have strong communication and presentation skills. They will also need to be self-motivated, creative, and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
You should possess a M.S. with 4+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science or related fields or Ph.D. degree with 2+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science or related fields. Experience could be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in design, and simulation of semiconductor lasers and / or integrated Photonic Transmitters
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in characterization of semiconductor lasers.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in system level testing / characterization of integrated Photonic Transmitters.
Inside this Business Group
Additional Qualifications Include:
- 1+ years of experience in silicon photonics and its applications.
- 1+ years of experience in data acquisition and analysis software tools such as LabView* and Matlab*.
- 1+ years of experience in System level testing experience including RIN, BER and linewidth measurements
- 1+ years of experience in JMP or other statistical analysis software
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....