Factory Automation Engineer
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
The candidate will lead and participate in all phases of a typical software development lifecycle (requirements, architecture, design, coding, testing, release and deployment) involved in implementation of enterprise wide factory automation systems (e.g. Manufacturing Execution Systems) for Intel factories. The candidate will also be expected to provide 24x7 on-call production support and deliver end-user training for products deployed. Job will involve working as part of a geographically dispersed team, requiring travel to various Intel locations worldwide and working alternate hours to meet business needs.
Candidate is expected to have in-depth expertise & "hands on" experience in a significant portion of the following areas:
* Software Lifecycle Skills: Software development life cycle (requirements engineering, design, coding, testing, build/release mgmt, beta/deployment and product support) with experience in various software engineering methodologies such as waterfall, agile etc.
* Architecture/Design Skills: Full Architecture & design of enterprise-wide systems on Windows platform including strong knowledge of design patterns and tools (e.g. Microsoft Visio)
* Technical Skills: .NET Framework, XML, Clustering & Load Balancing; Programming languages such as C#; Visual Studio IDE; PL/SQL based Database development on Oracle; Production debugging expertise for complex integrated mission-critical environments is highly desirable.
* Strong team work & working with diverse cultures as part of geographically dispersed virtual teams.
* Willingness and desire to provide 24X7 on-call production support.
* High degree of customer orientation.
* Self starter in a rapidly changing environment with a steep learning curve and on the job training to deliver software in a frequent release cycles. Quickly understand the domain and communicate to the customers in domain specific terminology.
* Strong verbal/written communication skills and ability to influence direction using the right use of information & emotion.
* Strong data based decision making skills.
* Strong problem solving skills using a structured approach
* Solid commitment to task (timeline, quality)
* Desirable: Leadership - Inspire, Influence, Empower, Motivate & Develop team spirit with a "can-do" approach
Inside this Business Group
Experience Level: Around 10+ years of industry experience working in software development teams.
Educational Qualification: Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science/engineering/applications or equivalent subject.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth