Big Data Analytics Software Development Engineer
By joining Intel Open Source Technology Center's Data Analytics Technologies group, you will be part of a highly talented software team that focuses on making big data and analytics software greater on Intel hardware platforms, as well as bringing values to our customers. You will have the opportunities to work on various big data and analytics software projects in the ecosystem, from Hadoop to Spark, from storage, scheduling to execution engines and upper layer SQL, Streaming, Machine Learning libraries, from hardware acceleration technologies to new features that address customers' needs.
In this particular position, you will work on a project that help bring the Spark Analytics capabilities to HPC environment and leverage next generation technologies to accelerate and optimize Spark based data processing. You will have the opportunity to run Spark on a very large scale with thousands of node and solve challenges in scalability and performance. You will work with an international team, interact with customer from world class supercomputer center and deal with the cutting edge technologies in your daily job. Your responsibilities include:
- work with hardware and software architects to design, prototype, and implement software features and improvements for hardware
- workloads benchmarking and performance analyzing to identify issues, opportunities and validate performance improvements
- work with open source communities to get Intel desired features and optimizations accepted by open source
- pathfinding on new opportunities and new software technologies
- other duties as assigned by management
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor or master's degree in computer science, Software Engineering or related areas.
- Solid knowledge on computer architecture, operating system, data structure & algorithm, and distributed systems.
- Familiar with Open Source software development model and process.
- Proven track of record in programming with Java/Scala, C/C++, and/or scripting languages.
- Good communication skills. Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Team work and collaboration spirit.
- Passion to learn new technologies
- Experience in Apache Spark development, or MPI applications development or HPC system would be a big plus.
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.