Facilities TD Electrician
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Performing preventive and predictive maintenance of all the electrical distribution systems.
- Working from drawings, schematics and other electrical documentation.
- Working with other discipline technicians to support mechanical and process equipment.
- Using and updating electrical procedures for electrical maintenance and operation
- Conducting functional acceptance testing for newly installed components of the electrical distribution system.
- Conducting daily rounds and readings.
- The successful candidate will be required to work a compressed day work week schedule.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Willingness to work in heavy personal protective equipment including Level 4 arc flash protection suit outside in high temperatures and be able to lift up to 30 lbs. and pull 250 lbs. at least once a day.
- Willingness to pass CPR/AED training.
- Effectively work in a high-paced team environment
- Support a team culture of high performance, to meet safety and quality goals
- Strong Mathematical skills, ability to read single line diagrams, schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to recognize system and equipment deficiencies and take appropriate corrective action.
- Experience reading one line electrical diagrams, schematics and blueprints.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must have an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree with 3+ years of experience in electrical power focus or equivalent military experience or equivalent technical degree or equivalent work experience + Journeyman License.
- Active journeyman license is required.
- 3+ years of experience with:
- All aspects of electrical maintenance and troubleshooting of facilities equipment and systems.
- Maintenance requirements for industrial electrical facility systems, such as electrical distribution (up to 15kv), switchgear, generators and variable frequency drives.
- Electrical metering and testing equipment including multi-meter, Megger, High-Pot, ground fault detector, VLF, and IR camera.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC70), Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance (NFPA 70B), and Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E).
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....