Network Software Engineer
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. Join a dynamic and ever challenging team focused on the development and delivery of embedded software that allows our products to maintain the market leadership in server space.
Our Platform Application Engineering (PAE) Group located in Poland is currently looking for a Network Software Engineer.
Check out this exciting technical role - work with Intel Ethernet products and engage with internal development teams & external customers.
Your new responsibilities will include:
- Providing product level support for a large variety of customers ranging from embedded to Tier 1.
- Common duties would include ownership and resolution of technical issues for existing products, participation in new product development, reviewing customer designs and provide design-in guidance, representing the customers’ technical needs inside Intel.
- Collaborating with other Network Division Engineering disciplines and in general contributing toward making the wired Ethernet customer successful.
- He/she may also develop technical collateral including application notes to provide clarity for implementation or specific usage, and develop/present technical product training materials.
- Individuals act as technical experts, consultants, analysts, and program managers, respond to customer requests or events as they occur
- Spending time in lab on silicon bring up
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment
Important for us:
- Problem solving, multi-tasking, organization and customer management skills are critical to success in this role
- Experience with direct customer interaction in technical support role
- Experience in C/C++/Assembler programming
- General knowledge of network deployment of the OSes, including Windows, Linux, RTOS
- Low-level software/ HW debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with customers of all skill levels (novice thru expert).
- Comfortable working in Linux and Windows development environments
Really nice to have:
- Ethernet Firmware knowledge
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking stack, especially physical and link layer protocols
- General knowledge regarding PC platform Firmware
- Working knowledge and experience in drivers and HW oriented SW
- Experience with defect tracking applications.
- Python programming skills
What we offer:
We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on Earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results. We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
- Long-term development at Intel in both managerial and tech positions
- Great opportunity to work together with the Team at Intel's comfortable office in Gdańsk with a possibility to work from home from time to time
- Constant opportunities to develop your professional career through technical and soft skills trainings, taking part in innovation projects or rotational programs
- Being a part of creative and experienced Multicultural and diverse Team with unique skills on cross-technology
- Flexible working hours
- Well-equipped campus with a free parking lot
- Integration events because to spend time together is very important for us and we know how important it is for a good collaboration
- Amazing Benefits to make life easier and more enjoyable: Stock Program, Annual and Quarterly Bonuses, Medical and life insurance, Multisport Card / Holiday card, Groups of enthusiasts, Ticket restaurant card, Exclusive employee discounts, Family events and many more - our Recruiter Anna (email@example.com) will share with you all details during the interview
Learn more about Intel in Poland:
and meet the Hiring Manager - Aleksander: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/intel-corporation_intelpoland-activity-6521061315505721344-5Trl
We are waiting for you!Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.