Embedded Technical Specialist Engineer
This is a commissioned sales position. In which a successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Giving product presentations to the customer describing how Intel products provide the optimum solution to their application.
- Develop a clear understanding of Intel's business practices including pricing, forecasting, T/Cs, Distribution and Business Code of Ethics.
- During customer's product design, responsible for design assistance including onsite visits to review designs, examine customer problems and provide suggestions on optimal ways to use Intel products.
- Manage relationships between Intel and customers by establishing relationships with key individuals at accounts. Identify and develop new opportunities within accounts.
- Give product demonstrations and execute benchmarks to show product capabilities and ease of use.
- Understand competitor's strengths and weaknesses relative to the appropriate technical strategy.
- Communicate strategies to appropriate field and factory personnel to obtain required support and coordination.
- Assist the customer throughout the development cycle to ensure successful completion of the product.
- Provide timely feedback to the factory on product and strategy issues to ensure the Intel is capable of responding to and/or anticipating changes needed to maintain success.
- Provide training and account strategy support for distributors.
- Requires thorough knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non repetitive, analytical work. Provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Must have proven knowledge of embedded microprocessor system design and firmware development
- Experience with application processor architectures and development flow
- Experience with implementing ARM based processor solutions
- Experience with OS support, especially Linux
- Experience with embedded system debug tools and using these to resolve technical issues
- Network programming and client server architecture experience is a plus
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in:
-The design and implementation of microprocessor architectures.
-Designing FPGAs and the FPGA development flow.
-Managing and maintaining a Linux operating system.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
- Post bachelor's degree
- Experience in technical sales, applications, technical marketing, technical product marketing
- Additional industry experience (examples include embedded SoC design, ASIC, ASSP, CPU, microcontrollers, microprocessor architecture, ARM based processor solutions, board level design, DSP, signal integrity, etc.)
- Experience with Machine learning or Artificial Intelligence application design or implementation
- Experience with OpenCL, OpenVINO or high-level synthesis
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
US, California, San Diego;US, Colorado, Boulder;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....