Equipment Development Engineer
Become a member of the Assembly Test Technology Development Media, Inspection, Handling Systems, & Laser (MIHL) Module engineering team as an Inspection development engineer leading the discovery, development, and deployment of Intel's advanced chip packaging process technology.
- In this position, you will be directly responsible for driving defect inspection and metrology research and development for next generation semiconductor packaging technology.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, research and development of optical inspection and metrology fundamentals, material interaction, quality and reliability efforts. In addition, you will be engaging in planning, designing, testing and validating process equipment solutions for ensuring outgoing quality to Intel's customers.
- Inspection Dev Engineers respond to customer requests and challenges, developing solutions to problems that meet process, quality and cost requirements.
- You will also help define and drive the vision for Intel's future Inspection and Metrology technologies including system design, equipment requirements and definition, as well as use of AI/Deep Learning methods. Inspection Dev engineers strive to meet and exceed key customer requirements from platform specifications to validation, system design/build, and proliferation to high volume manufacturing (HVM) sites.
- Inspection Dev Engineers possess strong physics and vision knowledge (mechanics, lighting, material, and optics), defect algorithm application, design of experiments, structured problem solving and statistics knowledge to enable them to plan and execute experiments to characterize solutions throughout the product development life cycle.
- They also drive improvements in quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability, productivity and safety/ergonomic managing variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operations.
- Influencing, written and verbal communication skills.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must possess a master's degree or PhD degree in Physics or Mechanical Engineering or Optical Engineering or related field, and have at least 6 months or more of the following work or educational experience:
- Ability to understand fundamental physical processes, troubleshoot complex ultra-high precision equipment across a variety of disciplines including optical, laser, motion or electrical systems.
- Understanding of statistical principles, process control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Ability to apply fundamental scientific and engineering principles to develop novel design solutions for high volume manufacturing processes.
Inside this Business Group
- Fundamental understanding of semiconductor devices and packing technology.
- Data Science and Statistics tools (Python, Numpy/Pandas, SQL, JMP, Minitab).
- Working knowledge of dimensional management for package features and planes, imaging techniques (light sources, resolutions, algorithm applications).
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....