Export Control Assistant
The Export Control Assistant is a member of the Global Trade team and supports the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) Global Export Compliance Manager with import/export control efforts in France.
On the whole, in this role you will ensure import/export of goods or technology & comply with applicable government laws and regulations. Responsibilities can include classification of goods or technology being imported/exported, obtaining import/export licenses, completion or retention of required documentation and compilation of reports.
Responsibilities could also include analysis of import/export processes, programs or projects to determine methods for improving efficiency or effectiveness and coordination with internal and external stakeholders (including government authorities).
Regarding this position in the Paris office, the applicant will be expected to focus on the below topics (non-exhaustive):
- Understand Intel's products and especially their corresponding Dual-Use classification (ECCN)
- Work in close collaboration with the different Business Units, French local Logistics staff and other Global Trade peers in EMEA, America and Asia regions in the management of imports/exports activities and EU transfers involving French sites
- Relay Trade information to the brokers Intel France is working with
- Prepare Intel products applications to the French ANSSI and SBDU authorities to get relevant import/export authorizations
- Update corresponding working files and data storage in dedicated internal share-drives
Inside this Business Group
- Master's degree in International Trade or International Law looking for a 1 year "contrat en alternance" starting ASAP
- General knowledge in global logistics operations, customs and import/export environment
- Knowledge of Dual-Use regulations (US EAR and EU regs)
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in French and in English languages
- Sense of privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work in an international & multicultural environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Well-structured and organized
- First experience in a technology company and/or in cloud enterprise environment would be seen as a plus
Law and Policy Group offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance.