Packaging R&D Engineer
Microelectronic Packaging Research and Development (R&D) Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor processes.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assembly processes and/or equipment development, and applying novel concepts in ball attach technology solutions for next-generation CPUs and devices.
- Developing and innovating solutions to enable Intel's roadmap of future assembly packaging platform technologies.
- Developing processes to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Innovating, problem solving, developing, and continuously improving equipment and processes using experimental design and statistical methods.
- Process and equipment specification development, applying principles for design of experiments and data analysis, and planning and documentation of improvements through the white paper process.
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Training production and process engineers for technology transfer to other factories worldwide for High Volume Manufacturing.
The candidate should also exhibit the following skills and/or behavioral traits
- Proven technical leadership skills in leadership, strategic planning, coaching and development of a technical team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams in a highly matrix environment managing budgets, resources and timelines, as well as proven stakeholder management.
- Flexibility in changing priorities and responsibilities to support business needs.
- Tolerance for ambiguity in a fast paced, constantly changing product roadmap environment.
- Influencing, written and verbal communication.
- Self-initiated, Action-Oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Hands-on participation and a strong sense of ownership; frequent floor presence and interaction with manufacturing personnel.
- Demonstrate technical innovation and delivered results for complex, time critical technical projects.
- Fundamental understanding of semiconductor fabrication processes and technology with strong technical and analytical skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to apply fundamental science and engineering concepts in development to create novel solutions.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Master's degree or PhD degree in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Material Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field
Master's degree with 6 months and/or PhD with 12 months of experience in:
Inside this Business Group
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE) principles.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....