Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join the BXD (Barefoot Switching Division) in our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Software Engineer - Networking Applications! We're part of the Connectivity Group (CG) in Intel's DCG, and are looking for motivated, passionate and talented software engineers to join our Networking Applications development team for programmable high-speed switching ASICs. We're a strong, vibrant, cross-site team that helps drive Intel's programmable switching technology and products to position Tofino as the switching platform of choice for Cloud and Data Center network deployments.
In this role, you will need to be passionate about developing high-performance embedded software based on Linux to develop Networking Applications for programmable switching ASICs. You will have an excellent opportunity to define and create Applications using Intel's programmable switching ASIC using industry leading P4 Language and work with next generation NOS such as SONiC, FBOSS.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing design, development and testing of Networking Applications software for high speed switching devices using C, C++, Python and P4 programming language.
- Developing unit and integration tests to exercise the software on simulation models and hardware based embedded systems
- Participating in design and code-reviews for new features in Networking Applications.
- Debugging regression failures as well as issues reported by customers on the field and coming up with practical solutions and fixes
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated effectiveness in technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Connectivity Group (CG) drives new products technologies in the areas of Programmable switching devices, and Smart NICs, Silicon Photonics for data center fabrics. The BXD team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. We are building the world's fastest switches that are also fully programmable, ensuring the network can adapt to meet the emerging needs of applications and empower users to write solutions rapidly, and to innovate broadly. We believe that when the network is fully programmable-that is, both the control plane and data plane are under the control of the end user- the networking industry will enjoy the same innovative explosion as we have seen in software.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field plus 2 years of industry work experience
- 4+ years of experience in software design, implementation and debugging.
- 4+ years of experience in designing and developing high-performance switching and routing software
- 4+ years of experience in software development experience on real time (Linux, QNX, VxWorks) or embedded systems.
- 4+ years of experience with design and development of Layer 2, Layer 3, ACL, or multicast networking control and/or data plane software.
- 4+ years of experience programming skills in C and/or C++
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with software design and development in at least one of these area:
- Data plane firmware/microcode and forwarding pipeline for Routing/Switch products
- Data Center Technologies such as VXLAN, EVPN. Familiarity with Routing and Switch protocols such as BGP, LLDP, 802.1x, LACP, xSTP etc
- Experience using/development of SDK for Data Networking ASICs
- Utilizing scripting languages such as Python, Bash, GO for Test Automation
- Experience in operating system architecture such as memory management, IPC, scheduling, task switching, concurrent memory access, event-driven programming.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....