In this position, you will design and implement various board types to be used as reference, demo, and validation platforms within the Internet of Things Group (IoTG). Duties include platform HW architecture definition, layout design, project management support, schematic capture, testing and debugging at platform level. Responsibilities also include:
- Designing, testing, and debugging digital, analog circuits for application specific HW solutions. RF and wireless circuit design experience is a plus.
- Planning and leading platform HW power-on and debug activities with other HW design engineers, Platform HW Test Engineers, Validation engineers, BIOS engineers, FW engineers, and Lab Technicians.
- Working closely with other platform ingredients team members and leads to capture detailed product requirements.
- Conduct project scoping activities to derive activity duration/work estimates that may be used for project planning purposes, and report periodic status on assigned activities.
- With the assistance of project management, guide small engineering teams through the board development lifecycle.
- Evaluating feasibility of platform architecture proposals provided by architects and product marketing engineers.
- Working with product regulatory engineers, implement board designs that achieve regulatory compliance at a system level. May including designing boards for EMI/EMC, product ecosystem regulations, and extended temperature and automotive grade component and materials selection.
- You should possess a Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 7 to 10+ years prior experience in HW circuit board design and debug (commensurate with education level). Knowledge and experience in schematic capture, printed circuit board layout, and typical lab debug tools.
- Experience with Allegro* and Cadence* design tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with design and/or validation and/or manufacturing engineers, customers, product applications engineers, material planners and project managers
- Ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment; Strong work ethics; team player
Experience with Embedded Platform architecture & IoT gateway electrical design of motherboard, interfaces, and associated peripherals.
Experience with Automotive/Transportation and/or Industrial monitoring and control applications are a plus.
Experience designing systems to support long life (7+ years) and extended temperature environments.
Experience with design for EMC and associated regulatory compliance and certification
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.