Who are we?
An excellent opportunity for a creative and motivated student to be part of Intel's Big Core Group, doing exciting work in the development of next generation Big Core CPU. Intel's Big Core group is currently one of the most important domains with a large impact on Intel's CPU products and corporate profits. Core technology is highly evolving with a huge number of technologies being developed. Verification and validation ensure the development correctness of the product before it is being shipped to production. The Candidate who will join Intel's Core group to work on a pioneering project, aimed at optimizing Intel's core performance using cutting-edge power-management firmware.
What are we looking for?
Intel's Big Core group is looking for a Firmware (FW) Design Intern to define, design, code (C, Python), run and analyze an innovative core power manager firmware using advanced firmware/software engineering methodologies and tools. Job also requires deep understanding of related units logic behavior and system understanding of the entire CPU in some level. You will work in close interaction with Architects, validation team, and SoC architects in the CPU. Expectation is to work through the entire firmware development cycle - from Pre-Si activities (simulation, emulation) till Post-Si activities (board bring-up). In addition to various tools, languages and methodologies, interns will develop expertise with Intel Architecture and Micro Architecture and will be involved in the process of defining new Intel features. They are expected to be independent, creative, with the ability to innovate new solutions and demonstrate uncompromised quality during their work. The open position is in Petah-Tikva Intel site. Come Grow with Us! #C2DG_STUDENTS
- Student towards B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Good communication skills among groups inside and outside of Israel
- Fast learner
Additional qualifications that would be an added advantage:
- Experience in firmware/hardware design
- Experience in the development of firmware/hardware development environment with code/functional coverage
- Experience in firmware validation concepts and methodologies
- Experience in real-time/embedded firmware development and/or very-large-scale-integration (VLSI) hardware design
- Experience in OOP/OOD in C++ and/or Python
- Familiarity with CPU architectureInside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel’s leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.