Physical Design Engineer
Become a member of one of the largest engineering companies in the world!
You will be involved in physical implementation of blocks across multiple process technology nodes.
The work is performed with broadly defined parameters, and assignments are often complex and nonstandard in nature. In this role, you will be a part Intel PSG Team.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Independently assess and drive complex digital physical design assignments.
- Work closely with circuit design engineers to interpret schematics and drive physical implementation.
- Work interactively and proactively with our CAD team to debug tool functionality and bugs.
- Build and verify all levels of physical design hierarchy leaf cell, IP block, compiler.
- Collaborate closely with SoC projects at various sites across Intel.
Behavioral traits for this position include:
- Problem solver with a disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
- Initiative to continually expand your skill set.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player willing to share knowledge.
- A self-starter proactively seeking solutions.
- Flexible and able to multi-task.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Inside this Business Group
The candidate must have a MS Degree in Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineer or related field.
6+ months of experience in the following areas:
- VLSI design
- Physical design
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....