Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as an HPC Storage Software Development Engineer!
We are seeking an experienced software validation engineer to join the Extreme Storage Architecture and Development division within our DCG. In this role, you will contribute to develop and test Intel's Exascale storage stack based on the open source Distributed Asynchronous Object Storage (DAOS) software. The end-to-end I/O stack must be optimized to prevent a storage bottleneck as throughput and IOPS requirements increase substantially, and demand will only increase in the coming years as our ability to collect data is ever-increasing.
Responsibilities and Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Independently diagnose, design, and implement solutions to complex technical challenges.
- Understanding features from existing documentation and reading C source code.
- Writing code with an eye on performance and scalability.
- Maintaining documentation of their work.
- Writing unit tests along with their product code.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a globally distributed team
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player with good organizational/planning skills, and a proven past success in completing large projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related plus 6 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related plus 4 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus 2 years of industry work experience.
- 5 plus years of experience as a software engineer.
- 5 plus years of experience and proficiency in C programming.
- 5 plus years of experience with software debugging.
- 5 plus years of experience with Linux.
- 3 plus years of experience with distributed storage systems/filesystems, such as Lustre or Ceph.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Architectural knowledge of scalable distributed system architectures.
- Experience with I/O and network stacks, RPCs.
- Experience and good understanding of file system fundamentals, including POSIX conformance.
- Experience with open source development tools and techniques.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....