Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as an HPC Storage Software Quality/Test Engineer!
We are seeking an experienced software validation engineer to join the Extreme Storage Architecture and Development division within our DCG. In this role, you will validate the Distributed Asynchronous Object Storage (DAOS) being developed by Intel which is critical to the development of exascale HPC architectures. You will focus on component testing. The I/O software stack must be optimized to prevent a storage bottleneck as we engineer for substantial throughput increases today and plan for the increased demand in coming years. We are looking for a test engineer who can learn this new I/O stack and demonstrate its abilities at scale and under load, finding critical bugs before it is put into production.
Responsibilities and Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans and automated test cases.
- Understands new features from existing documentation and reading C source code.
- Writes integration, feature, and internals tests to verify those features work, stand alone and together with other pieces of software, and under different stresses.
- Drives development of system-level validation software.
- Drives to push the boundaries of the software and know where the breaking points are.
- Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Analyzes test results to ensure correct functionality.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Independently determines root causes of failures and recommends corrective action, working closely with development to drive resolution of bugs.
- Seeks opportunities to drive improved validation methodologies within the team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player with good organizational/planning skills, and a proven past success in completing large projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related plus 6 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related plus 4 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus 2 years of industry work experience.
- 5 plus years of experience as a test developer or software engineer creating and executing detailed test plans.
- 5 plus years of experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Python, C, etc).
- 5 plus years of experience with software debugging.
- 5 plus years of experience with Linux.
- 3 plus years of experience with distributed computing and continuous integration.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with HPC concepts and tools, such as MPI, HDF5, job scheduling, etc.
- Experience automated testing for software written in C.
- Linux kernel development and debugging.
- Experience with open source development tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of file system fundamentals, including POSIX conformance.
- Working knowledge of FUSE.
- Experience with I/O and network benchmarking, stress testing.
- Experience with scale testing over high performance, low latency, networks such as Intel Omnipath.
- Understanding of RPCs, network programming.
- Experience with an existing file system technology such as: ext 3/4, BTRFS, ZFS, WAFL.
- Experience with DAOS, Lustre, or similar parallel file systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....