Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as an HPC Storage Technical Software Program Manager!
We are seeking an experienced Technical Software Program Manager to contribute to the development of Distributed Asynchronous Object Storage (DAOS) software and join the Extreme Storage Architecture and Development division. DAOS software is being developed by Intel as a critical component of exascale HPC architectures. The IO software stack must be optimized to take advantage of next generation Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) technologies, such as Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory and NVMe, in order to provide the storage throughput required for future workloads.
The Technical Program Manager collaboratively guides a globally dispersed team developing this new DAOS software product, and to support large government contracts as part of an overall Intel program. This multi-year contract requires expertise managing multiple sub-projects as well as customer relationships, gathering requirements and collecting feedback.
Responsibilities and Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Drive milestone delivery for internal and external customers including statusing higher levels of the organization.
- Manage the larger integrated master schedule (IMS).
- Assess risks, issues, and identify timely solutions to achieve program goals.
- Key interface with stakeholders and leadership (singular point of contact) regarding scheduled software functionality.
- Sync with internal development and understand external dependencies.
- Own reporting tools and processes to consistently track development metrics within Jira/Agile systems.
- Coordinate project reviews.
- Manage varying scope and complexity of projects through all phases of the lifecycle.
- Manage interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders.
- Exercise judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Develop detailed project plans and manages change control.
- Projects may vary in number, size and complexity.
- Coordinate deliverables across internal and external teams to complete program and/or project plans, tasks and milestones.
- Provide regular project status to internal management and external customers.
- Ensure execution of scheduled activities, assess risks, and predict potential areas needing attention.
- Provide continuous improvement of product/solution development lifecycle process, practices and initiatives.
- Define, collect and track current project state based on key software metrics.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders for cohesive management across the program, shared status roll-up, and cross-program risk management and mitigation.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a globally distributed team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related plus 9 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related plus 6 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience.
- 7 plus years of project management experience in software development environments.
- 7 plus years of experience defining software development practices.
- 5 plus years of experience in software estimation and project planning skills for short term projects and long-term roadmaps.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing the execution of work for Federal programs.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification; Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience using Atlassian Confluence & Jira-Agile.
- Experience with open source development tools and techniques.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....