Software Technical Consulting Engineer
Software Technical Consulting Engineers (TCE's) focus on enabling internal and external customers to be successful with Intel platforms through use of Intel Software Developer Tools. This is done through technical consulting and support, training, customer presentations, and hands-on assistance in areas of code development, debugging, tuning and scaling software applications. TCE's contribute to new product development by representing the customers' technical requirements and by doing technical competitive analysis. For competitive performance analysis TCE's may engage in activities such as workload development, performance monitoring and performance estimations. TCE's also partner with the sales team and participate in customer visits. This is an exciting position for software engineers combining your software engineering experience with customer enabling/support via pre-sale and post-sale cycles, and influencing strategic customers with Intel Software/Hardware solutions. You'll provide expert consulting and support to Intel Embedded/IOT, system bring up customers, enable their software with Intel software product including Intel compilers, high performance libraries, VTune Amplifier, Intel System Debugger etc.
Your role will help accelerate time to market of Intel architecture-based solutions in various segments including DSS, automotive, industry, retail, 5G, network etc., help improve software quality and performance, infuse the voice of the customer into the development process, provide quality technical collaterals to demonstrate Intel software tools usage, and offer key education and training to various levels of customers and internal teams. In this position you will have the opportunity to create positive impact in fostering Intel's software eco-system.
Inside this Business Group
- Master's degree at minimum in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other relevant science or engineering discipline
- minimum 6 months experience with embedded systems development with C/C++
- minimum 6 months experience on embedded hardware system/architect
- Some knowledge/development experience on system bring-up
- Strong communications skills, strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience using software development tools like compilers, profiler, debugger etc.
- Some knowledge/development experience with using any software tools for performance optimization
- Experience of low level performance optimizations and hardware architecture
- Experience with parallel programming
- Experience with GPU programming language and libraries
- Experience with Cuda programming
- Working knowledge of shell scripts and the GNU tool chain on Linux and/or familiarity with the Microsoft* Visual Studio build environment.
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.