Data Center Network Engineer
As a Data Center Network Specialist your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Determination and deployment of robust, stable, and manageable computing and network services.
- Manage technical projects.
- Determine site computing and network server strategy .
- Research new technology/products/tools.
- Monitor and perform capacity/feasibility studies and resolve network capacity issues.
- Identify, develop, and deploy tools supporting network server services.
- Perform impact analysis of new technologies on environment.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex and advanced problems.
- Plan and schedule work to meet deadlines established by others to ensure the completion of several related tasks.
- Use judgement in data analysis to develop and design solutions for moderately complex processes.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to be self sufficient.
- Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions in the face of ambiguity and provide risk-optimized, practical solutions to business problems.You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other related field.
- 5+ years of network operations and engineering experience in highly complex network environments containing Cisco, Extreme, Arista and F5 network components, ideally supported with a recognized industry certification e.g. Cisco CCNA.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with SDN solutions from Cisco and/or Arista, implementing Layer 2/3 redundancy such as link aggregation protocols and loop prevention protocols e.g. MLAG, LACP, STP, HSRP, VRRP.
- Experience of implementing link aggregation protocols and loop prevention protocols e.g. MLAG, LACP, STP.
- Strong skills of managing a network fabric that includes supporting integrated components e.g. firewalls, load balancers, web app firewalls.
- Expert in TCP/IP variable length subnet masking, address allocation in both V4/V6.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrable knowledge of dynamic routing protocols e.g. OSPF, BGP.
- Strong experience with Network security concepts, appliances, and implementation.
- Comprehends industry cabling standards, and the layers of the OSI model.
- Strong skills in DNS/DHCP concepts and solutions.
- Experience with user level experience on Linux based platforms/appliances advantageous.
- Database skills: developing SQL queries.
- Basic scripting: Perl or Python, advantage for Python skills.
- Backend scripting development: Experience with Rest API and XML/JSON.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....