Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Software Development Engineer! We are part of the BXD Engineering Team in Intel's DCG and we're a team of visionaries, experienced technologists, and engineers with a proven track record of success who have created a blueprint for designing and operating the world's fastest and most programmable networks. Our team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. We are building the world's fastest switches that are also fully programmable, ensuring the network can adapt to meet the emerging needs of applications and empower users to write solutions rapidly and to innovate broadly. We believe that with full programmability the networking industry will enjoy the same explosion of innovation as we have seen in computing - cloud and mobile.
Programmable data planes enable a whole new ecosystem of advanced networking applications, and the field of possibility is mind-bogglingly wide. It ranges from advanced network monitoring, analysis, and diagnostics, to building a large-scale data analysis platform, to embedding some middle-box functions in switches/routers, and to jointly designing a network and the apps running on the network. At the core of this revolution are the technologies that we are building: languages, compilers, and tools co-designed with fully programmable hardware. We're just starting to scratch the surface of this novel and exciting area, and we're looking for passionate engineers who can join this amazing journey with us.
In this role you will be responsible for compiling and tool development for domain-specific languages and architectures for high-performance programmable networks.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the technical development of the compiler suite designed for P4, a new domain-specific language and targets the novel architecture of the fastest networking chip (Tofino).
- Responsible for the definition, design, development, test, debugging, release, enhancement, and maintenance of software tools for the P4 domain specific language.
- Responsible for both proprietary and open source software development for compilers and tools for programmable network architectures.
- Contribute to the P4 language design and standardization and enable it to capture the semantics of new networking applications, allowing you to design new compiler optimizations specifically targeted for networking applications.
- Design and develop tools that enable the P4 ecosystem and networking applications.
- Work with hardware teams to define compilation and optimization algorithms supported by hardware features for the networking domain.
- Provide code reviews to peers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to technically influence others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience.
- 6 plus years of experience in C++ programming.
- 6 plus years of experience in system software architecture design, implementation and debugging.
- 6 plus years of experience and understanding of all aspects of a compiler and related development and debugging technologies, especially code generation, program analysis, and pipeline optimizations.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Ph.D. is preferred.
- 2 plus years of experience and proficiency with code versioning systems (git/github).
- 2 plus years of experience contributing to open source projects.
- 2 plus years of experience with networking applications.
- 2 plus years of experience with program synthesis and verification.
- 2 plus years of experience with domain specific language design and implementation.
- 2 plus years of experience with hardware modeling and simulation tools.
- 2 plus years of experience in constraint satisfaction problem-solving techniques.
- 2 plus years of experience with continuous integration frameworks (Jenkins, Travis).
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....