Come join Intel's Silicon Engineering Group as a SoC Design Engineer. In this role you will be working as part of a pre-silicon validation team for future Intel SoCs or IPs.
Your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
· Validation of an IP at the IP or system level
· Creating plans and tests for validating portions of a complex microarchitecture using written specs, RTL code and other tests as a guide
· Learning the architecture and microarchitecture by debugging failures to the root cause
· Developing and utilizing various debug and validation tools and/or methodologies to implement validation plans with the goal being to ensure a solid design
· Participating in the debug of failures on silicon and developing new testing strategies to detect these failures on RTL models
· System level validation tasks such as using FPGAs and emulators
· Developing high level (for example, System C) modeling for RTL components
· Developing debugging tools and software
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below:
· Problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
· Must possess a Master of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· 3+ months experience with:
o Reading and interpreting technical specs and Register Transfer Level (RTL) code
o Writing validation plans and software to implement those validation plans
o UNIX* or Linux*
6+ months experience with:
· Computer architecture
· IA-32 assembly and/or Verilog* programming experience
· Validation or testing experience, especially in a silicon design teamInside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel’s leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....