The Intelligent Systems Lab (ISL, http://vladlen.info/lab/) is seeking an experienced software architect and engineer. The Intelligent Systems Lab is devoted to high-impact basic research on intelligent systems. Projects in the lab span artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, computer vision, and computer graphics (see http://vladlen.info/publications/ for examples).
The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of cutting-edge research projects by working closely with the lab's researchers. We expect that the candidate will gain experience and expertise in new areas of cutting-edge research on intelligent systems by working at the research frontier with some of the leaders in the field.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Proficient in C/C++ programming (4+ years of experience)
- Proficient in parallel programming using CUDA or OpenCL (2+ years of experience)
- Proficient in Python and NumPy programming (3+ years of experience)
- Competent in deep learning frameworks, such as PyTorch or TensorFlow (1+ years of experience)
- A proven track record of successful projects in data science (open source contributions, competitions such as Kaggle, or peer-reviewed scientific papers)
- Experience with at least two of the following: machine learning, computer vision, robotics, 3D data processing, scientific computing, mobile app development
- Experience in code optimization and profiling
- Experience in collaborative software development with Git
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Expert in C/C++ programming (10+ years of experience)
- Experience with numerical computing libraries such as Eigen and Intel MKL
- Experience with multi-threaded design and parallel computing using tools such as OpenMP and TBB
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with robotics, including software and hardware
- Experience with game engines (Unity3D, Unreal) and graphics APIs (OpenGL, DirectX)
- Experience in mobile app development
- Strong Communication Skill
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.