Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Oregon, Arizona, Israel and Ireland. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers that work in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
Our Design Integration Leads are highly valued members of our Tool Install Central Engineering team. As an Integration Lead you will be an expert in the tool install design process and will be responsible for tool construction design start readiness. We believe that we can't be successful unless we have all the information at the start. We are hiring leads to drive the ecosystem to ensure our inputs are complete before we start design. Below are some of the inputs you will be responsible for managing:
- The process of pre-assigning our tools to their facility points of connection. This process preceeds design and helps us optimize the connections to ensure the shortest constructable lengths and allows us to validate there is adequate capacity to operate each tool. You will drive the outsourced team that performs this critical function.
- You will partner with the layout team to ensure we have complete layouts for the tools in our cleanrooms (both fab and the subfab), influencing layout decision to ensure construction is achievable.
- Manage the checklists that act as a hand shake with our customers. These checklists track and confirm alignment with our internal factory customers on critical scope elements. This process ensures we understand what our customers need us to design and that we make and meet commitments.
- We will want you to integrate our design work with that of the preceeding scope. Stated simply, if we need a valve or a breaker to connect to, we need you to monitor those preceeding designs to ensure full coordination of all tool enabeling designs.
We are looking for someone that knows how to develop and implement winning execution plans. We believe in using standardization, continuous learning and innovation to drive better results project over project. Our ideal candidate is organized and detailed oriented with a proven track record of strong communication. In our group (Tool Install Central Engineering), we perform the designs for the construction of all Intel's semiconductor fabrication tools around the globe. We perform thousands and thousands of designs a year therefore the successful candidate also needs to develop metrics to gauge input health with leading indicators that alert to an underperforming system. You will also be given an opportunity to perform feasibility analysis of some of our strategic plans.
In your work with us, you will be at the center of a network of design, construction and manufacturing experts that are the best of the best in semiconductor construction and we'd love the chance to welcome some new talent to the team.
- BS + 3 yrs. exp.; MS + 2 yrs. exp. in Electrical, Mechanical, or similar engineering degree.
- 3+ years of experience on design and construction.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication
- Ability to influence others in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations and geographic boundaries
- Team, customer and quality oriented
- Focus on industrial, semiconductor, and cleanroom projects is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Intel tool install business processes.
- Experience designing facility systems distribution systems (mechanical, electrical, chems, gases, controls).
- Experience with using database analytics to drive insights.
- Experience with project planning, coordination and integration.
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....