Deep Learning Software Engineer
- Candidate is responsible for enabling customer specific designs on Intel Movidius platforms. He or she will interact with customers to understand their requirements, use-cases, algorithms, overall software architecture, and issues with using the technology. He or she will also interact with Intel Movidius technology users to define requirements for future breakthrough product and solutions.
- The candidate will use or develop machine learning algorithms to solve applied problems in various computer vision and image processing disciplines such as surveillance cameras, robotics, drones, transportation, augmented reality, and virtual reality. This may include training or retraining of deep learning systems when necessary.
- The candidate will be involved in hands-on programming of embedded systems and heterogeneous multi-core architectures which consist of both programmable devices and hardware accelerators. The activity typically results in integration of key computer vision, neural network, and image processing algorithms onto Intel Movidius platforms.
- The candidate will operate within a versatile engineering team including other software, electrical, imaging, optical, and mechanical engineers. The team is spread out across different geographies.
Inside this Business Group
- BS degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or similar field. MS degree is a plus.
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modeling, software architecture, and computer micro-architecture in general, especially in the domain of embedded systems.
- Proven ability to utilize modern programming methodologies to translate machine learning models and data processing methods into software.
- Functional knowledge of C/C++ and Python is a must. Experience with other structural or object-orientated languages is a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one machine learning framework such as TensorFlow/Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, or MXNet.
- Experience with application performance profiling, benchmarking, characterization, debugging, and optimization within a pre-defined use-case.
- Excellent communication and soft skills applicable to different cultural environments, both written and verbal.
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.