As a member of the Global Supply Management team, you will be a full business partner vested in making the GSM Vision and Mission a reality. Through business partnering and innovation, you will help drive sound business analysis and decisions while maintaining Intel's high standards of professionalism and integrity. We have positions available in Portland, Oregon, and Phoenix, Arizona.
A successful candidate responsibilities may include:
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Acquires and maintains technical understanding of products purchased.
- Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities.
- Obtains materials, components, equipment and services.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- May recommend cost saving proposals including make versus buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
- At higher levels may require domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results and team oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Ability to understand and streamline business strategies, stake holder and supplier management.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
- Must have an MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in supply chain management or engineering. Specifically procurement, supplier selection/management, contract negotiations, logistics/distribution, materials management, factory operations.
Inside this Business Group
- Experienced in managing the overall strategy of the supplier account from initial selection, through product development, into high volume manufacturing HVM, and long-term sustaining support will be considered a plus.
- Experience in SAP* enterprise or similar systems for order management and procurement-Skilled in planning and closing contract negotiations to achieve immediate and long-term affordability requirements.
- Direct Supply Chain experience, &/or technical degrees and are a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma is highly desired
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....