Inside this Business Group
IOTG Public Sector/MAG provides components to build mission-specific platforms primarily focused on high performance, secure edge computing. Our customers include global defense ODMs, OEMs, defense primes and selected government entities. We enable the world-wide (WW) aerospace and defense systems market and have seen double-digit CAGR for the last decade, now making up one-quarter the IOTG VMC revenue.
Our growth in 2018 was outstanding, achieving 25% YoY growth in revenue and over 60% YoY growth in global Design Wins, with EMEA design wins having nearly doubled. To further accelerate growth in the EMEA region, we plan to hire an aggressive sales specialist in the France office who can operate as the segment expert and business development manager. The primary role of this person is to work with EMEA regional sales teams to delight our customers and set an executable sales strategy that aligns to the strategic objectives of the BU. You will work closely with the Public Sector Sales lead and the segment director. Key metrics are customer feedback, design wins, deal wins, architectural conversions, revenue and strategic objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, the customer and their needs and become a trusted advisor to drive localized support for the Intel Public Sector business.
- Achieve annual goals and strategic objectives while consistently growing the customer base and adoption for yearly and long-term success. For long-term success, build long-term relationships that drive the sales pipeline at all stages - from leads to fulfillment.
- Set account coverage and strategy. Map sales goals to countries, accounts and objectives. Review sales performance, monitor progress and adjust strategy to per necessary.
- Interface with BU and country teams to drive public sector growth. Cultivate meaningful, productive relationships with all field sales engineers, field applications engineers, and account executives covering military, aerospace, and defense accounts and develop strategies for business development growth in a collaborative manner.
- Map the ecosystem and "hunt" new business in the region: identify and initiate the appropriate contacts with new and existing customers while uncovering new sales opportunities that lead to creating sales action plans and strategies that achieve desired results.
- Support sales visits. 20% travel is expected. Must be able to travel outside of France, particularly the UK, Turkey, Italy, Germany, and Israel.
- Demonstrate and present the Intel Public Sector portfolio at customers, industry conferences and trade exhibitions.
- Enable and empower the field: drive regular sales and account calls to provide updates, take feedback, and offer support. Develop sales enablement collateral for field and customer consumption.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience including customer-facing roles, preferably in related public-sector areas, such as defense, aerospace and government
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Proven technical acumen with Intel products and embedded military, aerospace, and government segment
- Knowledge of customers, products, and technologies as well as the ability to quickly and credibly build relationships
- Proven history of working well with senior technical and business experts
- Proven history of working closely with BU's to collaboratively drive key product initiatives
- Recognized for the following key attributes: self-starter, self-motivator, advanced problem solver and passion for continuous improvements
- Must speak fluent French and English.
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customers voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. Our teams work across the entire sales cycle, pushing ingredient products to our "billings" customers while also pulling end solutions through to "consumption". We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.