If you are passionate about driving the future of graphics hardware and display technology and want to work with leading graphics researchers on Intel's latest GPU architecture, then Intel's Core and Visual Computing Group (CVCG) has opportunities for you. CVCG delivers Intel's 3D Graphics, Media, Display, and Parallel Computing Technologies and is constantly looking for world class researchers to join our various research efforts.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Research in 3D graphics, working alongside other Intel researchers to invent new techniques or technologies that advance the field of real-time rendering.
- Producing a long-term technology vision that impacts Intel graphics hardware and software products.
- Publishing your work in leading conferences and journals.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products typically 7+ years prior to landing on a product road-map.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories, and contributes to scientific literature and conferences.
- May participate in development of intellectual property.
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts. Typically holds a PhD.
- We need someone who is collaborative and team oriented with strong written, verbal and presentation communications skills.
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and build a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As the 7th largest global company in innovation and new technology, we champion a collaborative, supportive and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve extraordinary results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, or Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corp.).
- We provide unique benefits that cater to your needs: flexible work hours, private medical plan, travel medical care, life and disability insurance.
- We encourage working hard, but also playing hard! Intel employees are eligible for creative perks such as special recreation activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more.
Initiates the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects to fuel Intel's growth in the areas of computing, communication, technology and manufacturing and new business opportunity. Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products typically 7+ years prior to landing on a product roadmap. Plans and executes laboratory research. Maintains substantial knowledge of stateoftheart principles and theories, and contributes to scientific literature and conferences. May participate in development of intellectual property. May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts. Typically holds a PhD.
Inside this Business Group
- Minimum Qualifications:
o Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 12 years of experience, or a Master's degree with 10 years of experience, or a PhD degree with at least 5 years of experience. Degree should be in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineer, Physics, Math, or a related field.
o Your experience should be in the following areas:
o Comprehending, analyzing and extending techniques described in rendering literature
o Developing advanced graphics algorithms in domains such as raster graphics, ray traced based graphics, global illumination, depth of field, motion blur, acceleration structures, etc.
o Analyzing GPU architectures and/or GPU workloads to identify and remedy systems performance bottlenecks
o Developing software in C++ together with programmable shaders and GPU compute
o Creating real-time rendering effects using current and upcoming graphics APIs OpenGL, Direct3D 11/12,
- Preferred skills and experience that will make you stand out:
o Background in relevant industries including video game development, rendering software or visual effects in film.
o Background in applying machine learning techniques to graphics with familiarity with TensorFlow, Caffe, etc.
o Background in writing publications and/or presenting at conferences or other events
o Experience with performance analysis including using low-level tools like profilers for identifying performance issues
o Familiarity with parallel programming environments such as TBB, CUDA or OpenCL
o Are passionate about this opportunity and ready to help us create the next generation of technologies that will transform the future for decades to come? Then we encourage you to apply and be part of our team.
The Core and Visual Computing Group (CVCG) is responsible for the architecture, design and development of the CPU core and visual technology IPs that are central to Intel's system-on-a-chip (SoC) products and key to our datacenter, client and Internet-of-Things (IOT) platforms. CVCG strives to lead the industry through continuous innovation and world class engineering.
US, California, Folsom
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....