The Vice President and General Manager of Sales for the Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) leads sales, design win strategy, revenue and budget responsibility, and key customer engagements directly and through partners for all of Intel PSG’s product families and solutions. This position will lead the development of a global sales organization to innovate, shape and lead in the fast-growing acceleration markets as well as traditional FPGA markets/applications/customers. This role comprises matrix reporting responsibilities with the PSG Business Unit GM and strong working partnerships with the data centric sales teams to ensure we are positioning and selling end-to-end solutions.
- Leads the PSG sales strategies and business processes to execute global sales and organizational strategies in support of Intel's PSG products and solutions. Directly lead and manage global field applications team and vertical market technical sales specialists.
- Understands and addresses market trends, customer needs, primary economic levers, and industry trends in the respective product and technology markets.
- Directly responsible for PSG revenue performance to plan, goal setting, and operations. Identifying ways to maximize and create new sources of revenue including executive level visibility and accountability to the CEO and MCM staff on PSG Sales strategy and deployment of sales resources to meet corporate goals.
- Develop and manage new activities to grow and scale design wins pipeline for the customer long tail.
- Delivers Go-To-Market strategies that showcase and innovate and differentiated Intel technologies.
- Strategic planning including corporate positioning and market competitive analysis, customer segment selection and saturation plans, and related product positioning.
- Marketing, business intelligence and new business development for all PSG products ensuring products are integrated across data centric BU solution strategies.
- Manages budgets and resource allocation across the PSG global sales teams across every sales capability and function.
- Works closely with Business Units leaders on product development and management initiatives that support the oversight of product management including market and customer research, product requirements, product development, product pricing, and product lifecycle management
- Develops people within the team and across capabilities by offering guidance, mentoring, and coaching.
A successful candidate requires:
- Effective in developing and executing on strategies for growing the business and motivating and inspiring geographically disperse teams (partnerships, demand generation, co-selling).
- Demonstrated global leadership skills with direct reports, matrix reports, and senior key business partners to deliver sales results.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a large corporate environment and collaborate to increase capabilities to provide customer centric solutions to our partners.
- Led strategic initiatives or projects (i.e. exec office strategic discussions, new business models implementation, etc.)
- Understands Intel's and Customer's business models and organization dynamics.
- 10-15 years direct global customer experience with diversity of sales channels including end users/customer, strategic accounts, OEM's, distributors, re-sellers, technology partners, and inside/digital sales.
- At least 5-10 years of technical sales, or applications experience in the FPGA market.
Business and Financial acumen: understands Intel's and PSG’s multiple markets, related industries and operational capabilities.Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....